This kit contains the pieces to build your own small-form-factor air filter in 2 minutes.
These air filters are perfect for every room of the office. And you can be prepared at home by having one in each bedroom if a family member tests positive.
This design is a mini version of the Corsi-Rosenthal box, and it's ideal for small rooms on a budget. All that's required is your own box fan and filter.
100% Made in Canada by BreatheTeq
- 2 White PVC Spring Clips, Made in Canada
- 16 ft Foam Gasket, Made in Canada
- 1 Vinyl Shroud (pre-cut), Made in Canada
Kit excludes these items (you must purchase separately):
- Air Filter (3M Filtrete 20x20x1 MPR1900, available as 3-pack 20x20x1" at Home Depot, and 1-pack 20x20x1" at Canadian Tire)
- 20-in Box Fan (For Living/Utilitech 20-in, available at Canadian Tire and Rona)
- Pre-cut PVC vinyl with permanent adhesive backing
- Rounded corners, 14" dia centre cutout, and smaller cutout for control wheel
- Improves airflow 30-40% at all speeds by preventing backflow
3M Filtrete MPR1900 is rated to remove:
- 62% per pass of particulate 0.3-1.0 μm in size
- 87% per pass of particulate 1.0-3.0 μm in size
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): approximately 250 CFM at setting 3 with 3M Filtrete MPR 1900.
Filter Notes: 3M MPR 1900 has an optimal blend of moderate air resistance and good filtration. Lower MPR ≤1550 doesn't filter small particles as well. Higher MPR ≥2200 restricts airflow.
- Apply the foam gasket around the perimeter of your air filter on the side that the arrow points to. Cut off and save the excess gasket for when you replace your filter. (Kit contains enough gasket for 2 filters)
- Partially peel the right half of the pre-cut vinyl shroud from the backing. Carefully align its small hole to the control dial, and its edges to the box fan edges. Gently adjust and re-tack it into position while removing the backing. Once everything is aligned and wrinkles are minimized, press down on the vinyl everywhere to make the permanent adhesive hold against the grille.
- Apply one clip per side to secure the filter to the inlet side of the fan (opposite side to the control dial). Be sure the filter arrow is pointing towards the fan.
Note: The kit does not contain the fan or the filter. This item is final sale, and not eligible for refunds or exchanges.